Etienne has experience in dealing with a wide range of legal issues and has appeared on numerous occasions before administrative tribunals, the courts of Ontario and the Federal Court of Canada. Etienne also routinely provides advice and representation on governance, negotiations, strategy and corporate/commercial matters.
Etienne offers general legal services and advice on the following areas:
- AborIginal Law
- Commercial Law
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
Etienne was born and raised in Thunder Bay. He is a member of the Biinjitiwaabik Zaaging Anishinaabek (Rocky Bay First Nation) and grew up with his grandparents. After graduating from Port Arthur Collegiate Institute he went on to further his studies at the University of Windsor where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Political Science.
Etienne attended Osgood Hall Law School and was called to the Bar of Ontario in 2005. Etienne has been in private practice since his call to the bar and has had the privilege of being exposed to many areas of civil law especially while having the opportunity to work with the late John Erickson, Q.C. on many civil litigation and general counsel files earlier on in his career. This experience helped Etienne develop the skills which now assist him in finding the most practical and efficient solutions for his client's legal issues.
- Bachelor of Art (Political Science), University of Windsor
- Bachelors of Law (LLB) Osgoode Hall Law School
While in law school, Etienne's abilities were recognized with scholarships from the Assembly of First Nations and from the Native Law Centre of Canada (University of Saskatchewan), for his academic achievements and commitment to the advancement of First Nations people in Canada.
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- The Advocates' Society
- Thunder Bay Law Association
- Member, Indigenous Advisory Group, The Law Society of Upper Canada, member since October 2016 to present
- Aboriginal Law Certified Specialist Working Group Member from 2014-16, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Past Associate Member, Hill City Kinsmen
- Trustee for three First Nation Settlement Trusts
- Past Director, Native People of Thunder Bay Development Corporation
When Etienne is not keeping busy with his law practice he enjoys spending as much time as possible with his wife and children, travelling, golfing, playing hockey, and spending time in the outdoors (especially on Lake Nipigon).